Electrical Safety Audit
Over 20% of fire world wide and 40% fire in India are due to faulty electric circuits. Electricity hazard continue to threaten safety of people and property in the form of shocks, burns, injury, fire and explosion. With electricity having become an indispensable part of our life, electrical risks are to be managed effectively.
In process industries, fires due to electrical reasons are very probable, especially in industries that handle flammable chemicals. In service industries such as information technology, telecommunications, busi-ness interruption losses due to electrical hazards (fire in server room, damage of expensive communication equipment, loss of data, fire in cable gallery, etc.) could be substantial.
- Insulation testing for cables.
- Adequacy / Overloading of the cables.
- Load imbalance test.
- Power quality & harmonic analysis as per IEEE – 512 Standards.
- Earth pit testing.
- Earth leak current measurement.
- Thermal imaging of electrical panels.
- Adequacy of safety devices including MCBs / ELCBs/RCCB.
- Visual inspection of the electrical system.
- Compliance to Statutory Rules.
- Electrical Shock/ Flash / Injury Hazards
- Electrical Fire Hazards.
- Electrical Safety Training implemented at site.
- Earthing System online and Offline measurement.
- Competency and Adequacy of Electrical Personnel.
- Electrical Preventive Maintenance.
- Electrical Accident Investigation Procedure.
- Importance of Electrical Safety in the Overall Safety System.
- Lightning Protection as per IS 2309 standards.
- Hazardous Area Classification and Installation of Special Electrical Equipment as per IS 5572.
- Electro-Static (ES) Hazards and Control Measures.
- Review of Electrical Protection System.
- Review of Electrical Single Line Diagram / Lay Out Diagram / Equipment Layout / Electrical Control diagram.
- Review of the importance given to electrical safety in the company safety policy, safety committee, continuous Electrical risk identification etc.
- Recommendations on the Audit points.
- Follow up Audit.