Fire Audit Checks
Fire in any occupancy has potential to cause severe damages to both life and property. Fire Safety audit is found to be the effective tool for assessing fire safety standards of occupancy. It helps the owners to identify the areas for improvement and evolve an action plan, in addition to emergency preparedness and mock drills.
We help you in conducting Fire Safety Audits for High Rise Buildings as per National Building Code of India, 2005, The Indian Electricity Rules, 1956 and other relevant safety standards to identify all hazards for taking corrective & preventive actions. We also help you to prepare emergency plans for fire safety and conduct mock drills.
- Verifying the statutory documents.
- Identify all significant fire hazards.
- Identifying the potential area of risk of fire caused by Electrical or any combustible material lying in haphazard manner.
- Determine the required additional control measures required.
- Availability of adequate means of escape from the premises in case of fire.
- Availability of smoke management systems & testing the same i.e. availability of natural ventilation or mechanical ventilation.
- Mechanical ventilation i.e. pressurization systems pressure testing will be done with help of differential Manometers.
- Condition checking of Fire Panel, Electrical Panel.
- Verifying the backup system available for Fire Fighting operational systems during contingencies.
- Design verification checks will be executed during general round of the building & correlating with Preliminary NOC documents submitted by the clients.
- Overall Review of the Building.
- Report submission along with Recommendations.
- Availability of suitable fire detection and firefighting facilities.
- Testing of smoke detectors MCP systems by generating the alarm.
- Testing of PA Systems.
- Analysis of BMS systems as what all systems are integrated any lacunas will be highlighted & recommendations will be
mentioned in the report.
- Testing of sprinkler pumps, Hydrant pumps, booster pumps whether they are working in auto mode.
- Testing of Diesel Engine pumps.
- Checking all Hydrant Points, hose reels with Hose drums along with condition & availability of all accessories which are
required for making the system in healthy operational.
- Testing the flow level panel.
- Checking records for the Maintaining the firefighting systems.
- Availability of suitable emergency plan detailing responsibilities and actions of key Personnel.
- Name : Ramesh Baburao Kholkumbe.
- Date of birth : 01.06.1954
- Mob. No. : 8208769397
- Qualifications : Bsc (Chemistry) Adv. Dipl. NFSC, Hon.MI Fire (India)
- Experience : 32yrs.Mumbai Fire Brigade. Retired as Dy. CFO. Fire Prevention & Fire Protection.
- Presently : Consultanty Fire Audit, Fire Prevention &Fire Proection. Executive Council Member IFE (India) New Delhi.